Turbo Granada, suche Gutachten

• Hello Ford-friends in Germany!
    Sorry for writing in English, my German is too bad in written form.

I’m the lucky owner of four Fords, three German, and one US:

Please have a look at http://www.tronderford.com/treff/2007/1_4.jpg

Both the ’86 Sierra XR4X4 and the ’88 Scorpio GL 4X4 are by me, restored into original condition.

The US-made Maverick is a 2002-model and still in original condition.

The fourth one, a ’78 Granada Ghia 2,8i turbo intercooler, is a light custom built car, with an Eichberg turbo set.

It’s a detailed description of this car at my homepage at http://www.jorgen.tronderford.com
    click the German flag, and you can read the “Gesichte” in German.
    I’ve built this car by myself and the turbo set was bought from Helmut Eichberg, “selbst”, when I visited his store and workshop at Hasbergen, outside Osnabrück, in 1986.

The car has been stored away since 1990, and used only in connection with our annual gatherings, with impermanent number plates, arranged every year since year 2000, se homepage http://www.tronderford.com.

Now, when the car is passed the magical 30-years of age, it’s possible to register the car as a veteran car, as I’ve understood you are entitle “oldtimer” in Germany.

In that connection, I have a great great problem:
    I have been in touch with the officer for veteran certifications at the Norwegian agency for vehicle certification, like your TÜV.

The officer claims that he has to been displayed a certificate, which prove that the car has been approved with the Eichberg turbo set or an equivalent set, from a German certifying agency.

I’ve tried to reach Eichberg GmbH, several times, by e-mail, telephone, telefax and mail, but it’s completely impracticable to get an answer from Eicberg, it seems that the company is resigned. A Ford shop in Hasbergen has now confirmed, that Eichberg Motorsport is closed.

Therefore I’m now try this way, are there any visiting this forum, which can help me.

I need a copy of an approval document, which confirms the certification of an MkII-Granada, (1978 – 1985)

Please help me, if not, I’m forced to rebuild my Granada back to a self aspirating 2,8i to get the number plates back on the vehicle.

Please take contact at jorgen@tronderford.com

Salute!

Jørgen Løvseth
    Norway

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von XR4X4 ()

• hey Jørgen!

welcome here! nice car, also interesting the place for the intercooler.

I´ve got german documents for the May-Turbo combined with the Tauns/Cortina. I got them from the "Schwabengarage", one of the biggest Ford-Dealers in Germany, maybe the biggest. If you write them an email, I think they will send you the same documents for the Granada because the conversion was also possible for the Granada, you know. This Ford-Dealer placed the conversionkits of the May-Turbo into the cars in the 1970s´.

this is the Url of the Dealer: http://www.schwabengarage.de/

you can get into contact with them under the point "Kontakt", ehm, I think you know it. ;)

Greetings to Trondheim! :spitze:

Se

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Se ()

• Sehr schön!

Was der junge Mann aus Trondheim braucht ist ein Abnahme Dokument bzw. Zulassung für den Eichberg-Turbo .
    May ist Mainstream und damit uninteressant. :stupid:

• Eichberg still got a webpage online. Are you sure they have closed down? Office hours are in the morning between 09:30h and 12:30h only.

Another chance might be to contact the certifying authority. They surely still exist and they have those documents on file.

TÜV Nord
    Geschäftsstelle Osnabrück
    Rheinische Straße 15
    49084 Osnabrück
    Tel. 0541 5823-0
    Fax 0541 5823-459
    E-Mail osnabrueck @ tuev-nord.de

• Was der junge Mann aus Trondheim braucht ist ein Abnahme Dokument bzw. Zulassung für den Eichberg-Turbo .

It could very well be so DC.

As a Norwegian, I’m not so familiar with the German system, but I appreciate your recommendation.
    If you are able to help me with such a document, I’ll appreciate your contribution a lot.

Salute!
    Jørgen

• Thank you for your advice maroc. I got a similar tip one week ago, and I have bought a similar exemplar from “Doppescheinwerfer”. It’s not exactly the goal, since it’s for a Capri, but it could be usable in a discussion with the reviewer.

Thank you again, we are still looking for a Gutachten like that, but for a ’78 Granada, or for certification documents, ein Abnahme Dokument, for a Granada with a similar turbo set installed.

Have just visited your blog, a good exemplar, worth to take care of.
    Have a look at many oldies at www.tronderford.com

Salute!
    Jørgen

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von XR4X4 ()

• Hey Jørgen,

in the german ebay-section you can find this offer ! Maybe the seller owns the documents you are looking for, too! He has the name "turbocapri78"...

Good luck!

• Thank you for your recommendation Joe.

I have asked Turbo…., but he couldn’t help.

I haven’t got to the goal yet, so please anybody, I’m still searching.

Jørgen

• Hello again all German Ford-friends.
    I haven't reached the goal yet.

I'm still searching, so if someone of you
    has new tips in this case, please help me?

Best regards.
    Jørgen